- Gas hob with grill
- Cooking gas
- Cutlery, utensils & wooden spoons
- Scissors, tin opener, corkscrew/bottle opener
- Vegetable peeler & cheese grater
- Chopping boards & knife block
- Plates, bowls, side plates & mugs
- Egg cups
- Beakers, wine glasses & water jug
- Kettle, teapot & cafetiere
- Saucepans & frying pan
- Salad bowls
- Salt & pepper grinders
- Bread bin
- Plastc storage boxes
- Washing-up bowl & drainer
- Tea towel
- Waste bin & re-cycling bin
- Solar light & candle holders
- Table & chairs inside
- Table & sun parasol outside
We also provide a small amount of the following to start you off when you arrive.
- Tea lights & candles
- Freetrade tea bags & ground coffee, sugar & milk
- Washing-up sponge & cloth
Bedroom Tents -
- Beds with mattresses - either a double or two singles per tent.
- Spare mattresses are available for extra people.
- Duvets & pillows
- Chest of drawers
- Bedside tables (larger tents only)
- Solar light & closed tea light holders.
- Solar marker lights around the camps
Shower Block -
- Hot showers and flushing toilets
- Toilet rolls
- Ecover hand washing soap
- Hand towels
Bar/Recreation Tent -
- Powered speakers for Mp3 players etc.
- Electrical sockets for charging mobile phones
- Board games
- Football table
- Wood for the woodburner
Barbeque and Campfire -
- Pans, griddles and utensils
- Wood and kindling
In our nearby workshop is a washing machine with honesty box and drying lines.
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillow-slips. If you are unable to bring bed linen, for instance if you are travelling from abroad, please let us know as we may be able to provide some for a small charge.
- Bedding for any extra people sleeping in with you. Again, if you are unable to bring any, please let us know.
- Bath/beach towels & tea towels
- Bin liners
- Washing up sponges & cloths
Please Don't Bring -
- Washing-up liquid – we will provide you with Ecover (good for the septic tank).
- Bleaches or detergents.
- Electrical appliances eg. kettles, toasters etc.
- Amplifiers or loudspeakers.
- Chinese lanterns - apart from being a fire-hazard they cause problems for the coastguards as they look like flares.
Other Useful Items You May Like To Bring -
- Insect repellant, citronella oil and/or tea-lights
- Basic first aid kit
- Wellies (but we hope you won’t need them)
- Hot-water-bottles, it can sometimes get chilly in the evenings.
- Tea lights & candles (candles not to be used in the bedroom tents).
- Aluminium foil, kitchen roll etc.
There are tea-light lanterns in the tents but feel free to bring your own as well is you wish. Please make sure they are enclosed lanterns and not open-top cups or dishes if they are to be used in the bedroom tents.
We are very rural here and, as there is no public transport to speak of, you will find it very difficult to go anywhere without a car
Train or Coach
The nearest train station is Bodmin Parkway, 25 miles west of us. There is no public transport from Bodmin to here so you will need to hire a car.
If you want to use public transport, it is easier to leave the train or coach at Exeter St Davids.
From Exeter you can take a Western Greyhound coach to Davidstow Church which is walking distance from the site.
Flights to Newquay
There are flights to Newquay from London Gatwick and Manchester all year round, and London Southend, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Newcastle and Belfast during the summer months. Car hire is available at Newquay Airport, which is approximately 25 miles from the site.